About Christchurch Veterinary Referrals
Experience and first-class care
We offer a full range of surgical and diagnostic services to vet practices throughout East Anglia. Established in 2001, we are the longest-standing referral centre of our kind in Suffolk. We moved into our purpose-built Ipswich premises in 2011, are independent and promise all customers a personal service.
You can trust our expertise in all small animal surgery, including complicated soft tissue, orthopaedic, neurosurgery and spinal surgery. Determined to provide the latest technology, we have three state-of-the-art theatres, wards and an in-house MRI and CT scanner.
Our team of highly experienced vets, led by director Shane Morrison, is supported by dedicated and qualified veterinary nurses and ward assistants who make sure every patient is lovingly looked after. We recognise it’s a stressful time for the animals and their owners, so we ensure care and communication is a priority.
Pet owners are always spoken to by the vet carrying out any surgical procedure. The surgeon will explain what will happen and see them for post-operative check-ups. We forward all details and aftercare advice to the owner’s vet practice.
Our vet referral facilities
Patients receive exceptional quality care and attention at Christchurch Veterinary Referrals. Our centre offers:
• Three fully equipped, sterile theatres, air filtered to reduce airborne bacteria
• Full monitoring of patients under general anaesthetic using modern blood pressure, blood oxygen and CO2 monitoring and ECG equipment
• Routine use of the safest types of anaesthesia
• Specialist anti-bacterial paint throughout the building, like that used in human hospitals
• Only qualified veterinary nurses
• In-house hydrotherapy unit for patient rehabilitation used by trained hydrotherapists
We’re inspected regularly by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to ensure we comply with all regulations and maintain a high standard of care.